ORGANIZATIONAL MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIEL
2-1. Inspection and Servicing the Equipment
(3) Using a suitable lifting device (crane
loader, wrecker, etc.), raise the spreader one (1) inch off
a. Inspect the aggregate spreader for broken or
(4) Remove bolts from the right side of the
b. Make a complete visual inspection to see that
the publications and attachments are on or with
(5) Remove bolts from the left side of the
transport wheel assembly support bracket.
c. Lubricate the spreader in accordance with
current lubrication order, LO 5-3895-330-12.
(6) Raise spreader to clear the axle of the
d. Inflate traction drive tires to 65 lbs.
(7) Roll the transport assembly out from
under the spreader.
(8) Lower the spreader to the ground and
a. Transport Wheels.
Remove the transport
complete assembly operation.
wheels as follows:
(1) Remove the operator's platform and all
b. Platform Assembly.
Install the platform
other hardware from the hopper.
assembly on the right side of the spreader by hooking it
(2) Attach four (4) slings or chains (having a
over the lip on the top of the spreader.
minimum length of ten (10) feet) to the four (4) lifting
c. Transport Tongue. Remove the cotter pins and