Figure 2-2. Transport tongue and installation.
Section II. MOVEMENT TO A NEW WORKSITE
sufficient height to clear the axle of the
2-3. Dismantling for Movement
transport wheel assembly.
Depending on distance to be traveled, the spreader is
readied for movement as follows:
(4) Roll the transport wheel assembly under
a. Short Move
to chapter 2
of TM 5-3895-
(5) Attach the transport wheel assembly with
b. Long Move. The transport wheel assembly is
the attaching hardware as illustrated in
used when moving a long distance. The transport wheel
assembly is installed as follows.
Reinstallation After Movement to a New
(1) Remove the operator's platform.
(2) Attach four (4) slings or chains (having a
minimum length of ten (10) feet) to the
four (4) lifting attachment.
(3) Using a suitable lifting device (crane
loader, wrecker, etc.) raise the spreader to