Direct support or aviation intermediate is the lowest level than can do complete repair of the item.
General support is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
Specialized repair activity is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
Depot is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
Nonreparable. No repair is authorized.
No repair is authorized. (No parts or special tools are authorized for the maintenance of a *B"-coded item. )
However, the item may be reconditioned by adjusting, lubricating, etc. , at the user level.
(3) Recoverability Code. Recoverability codes
are assigned to items to indicate the disposition action on unserviceable items. The recoverability code is entered in
the fifth position of the SMR code as follows:
Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance shown
in the ad position of the SMR code.
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at unit maintenance or
aviation unit level.
F-Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct support or
aviation intermediate level.
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general support
Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and disposal of
item not authorized below depot level.
Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal of item not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e. g. , precious metal
content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate manuals/directives
for specific instructions.
c. FSCM or CAGEC column (3)). The FSCM or Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code (C) is a 5-digit
alphanumeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc. , that supplies
d. PART NUMBER' (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
NOTE: When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number from the
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC (Column (5)) This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Physical security classification. Not Applicable.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed: below the name of the kit or set on Figure KIT.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown
on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC). Not Applicable.
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds
density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given figure in
both Section II and Section III.
f. QTY (Column (6)) The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A V"
appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from
application to application.